Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DTC Challenge #59: Sweet 16 and Teenage Rock!

Happy Wednesday. I am so glad you stopped by. Hope you are having a wonderful week. We are having a fun challenge at Decorate to Celebrate. I hope you join us for this challenge. For Challenge #59, we are asking you to create any project to be used as a party decoration (or party supply) for a SWEET 16 PARTY or TEENAGE ROCK CELEBRATION!! Let's celebrate EVERYTHING WONDERFUL about TEENS, TWEENS, SWAG, GRUNGE and MORE with your table decorations, party banners, pennants, yard signs, cupcakes, party favors and more!! :)
For my project I made a delicious Girls Rock cookie cake for my daughter. I purchased cookie dough already made in the grocery store. I should have made homemade cookie dough  but I took the the easy way out. ;) Pressed and flatten the cookie dough in a 9 inch x 9 inch cake pan and bake it for 25 minutes. Made some white icing for the cookie cake. Here is the link to icing recipe. I wrote Girls Rock, outlined guitar and outer edge of cookie cake with Wilton red cake sparkle gel. To make guitar on cake, I used my cricut machine and cut out a paper guitar stencil from a cricut cartridge. I Put the negative cut of guitar stencils over cake and sprinkled pink sugar crystals on it. The guitar is from Cricut Everyday Paper Doll Cartridge and is on page #44 of handbook.
Here is a close up. I always wanted to try to make a stencil for a cake but I never did until now. I am so glad I tried it! I really like how this turned out! I'm now thinking about what the next cake or cookie stencil cut will be. :)
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week !! :)

12 comments:

  1. looks really yummy Judy. love it. thanks for being such an amazing dt. member. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you did an awesome job on you cookie cake!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it turned out beautiful. Bet she was thrilled :)Thanks for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday party. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cake Judy! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it ... And perfect for a 16 year old!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no , why I am seeing it just now? I turned 16 on 16th of Aug , means last month! It's awesome.
      Noor @ Noor's Place

      Delete
  6. Great cake! Thanks for connecting via Grab a Friend Blog Hop!


    - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
    alexmhons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy yummy yummy! Girls really rock :D Connecting via Grab A Friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped by from the hop! I followed you on BlogLovin. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how creative! im sure its yummy too :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cake looks great!
    Come link up and share!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...