Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Decorate To Celebrate Guest Designer!!!!

Hello friends. Happy Wednesday to you all! I hope you're having a terrific day! I am so excited and honored to have been ask by Rhonda and Amy to be a Guest Designer for Decorate To Celebrate Challenge #4 Kids Party Theme. I decided to create a Princess for a day party theme for my daughter and one of her friends. Here is the decorations I made for the Princess party. I made a 3D Castle, party favor bag, crown and princess party invitations. I used my Gypsy for this project and I used the Once Upon a Princess Cartridge to create the decorations:)


Here is a close up of the Castle. I used glitter paper I purchase from Target and I had so much glitter all over my cutting mat and it was every where from this glitter paper. This little castle is so beautiful and makes a great decoration:)


I love the crown too! You can't have a princess party with out a crown.


My daughter wanted me to make some Princess bean bags and here they are. She loves to toss these little bean bags around. I made a tutorial to show how I made them.


You will need (2) 9 x 12inch felt sheets and some dry beans. Cut felt sheets to 4 by 4 inch squares. You can get (6) bean bags out of the (2) felt sheets.


Face the right side of felt sheets together and then sew about 1/4 inch around edges. Leave a open edge so it can be turned to the right side.


Here how it should looks when its turned to right side. The open edge where it not sewn is where the bean can be put in that opening.


I hand stitched the opening with invisible nylon thread.


I made a crown stencil with heavy card stock. The crown stencil is cut from Once upon a Princess cart. I placed the crown stencil on bean bag and sponge dabbed the purple puffy paint on the felt. I love how these bean bags turned out ;0)


Thank you Rhonda and Amy for asking me to be your Guest Designer. I had so much fun creating this princess party project. Thank you all for stopping by and looking. Have a terrific week everyone:)

16 comments:

  1. Love the castle! And the bean bags are too cute, Judy. What a great party for your daughter and her friends -- I bet they loved being princesses for a day!

    ~ Jen @ Musings of a Crafty Mom
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. judy these are so cute and fit for a princess thank you so much for being on of our guest designers for this challenge and tfs your talent. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crown! New follower via Friendly Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy - this is amazing!! I can't even imagine the work that went into that castle - so awesome. I bet your daughter loved it. I featured you today in my Friday I'm in Love favorites. Check it out!!

    http://socialsalutations.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-im-in-love.html

    xoxo

    Jenn @ Social Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy!! This is such a cute idea :)) I LOVE IT!! It would be perfect for my very first link party :))
    It's called Show Me How!!! ~ Friday ~ Tips, Tricks, & Tutorials ~ No. 1 ~
    It's going on RIGHT NOW :))
    It can be a tip, trick, or a tutorial on just about anything!!
    Even something you've made to sell!!! In a SHOP!! (GASP!!)
    And feel free to link up as many as you want :))
    I hope you'll consider attending!!
    LOVE FROM TEXAS!!
    ~~Michella~~
    www.michellamarie.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! You have a beautiful blog! New follower from the Relax and Surf Sunday Blog Hop! I would love for you to stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi & return follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous little castle! And those beanbags are a great idea too ! The perfect princess party pack I'd say!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Blog Follower from Relax And Surf Sunday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The castle is adorable and what a clever idea to make bean bags...you thought of it all:) So cute~thanks for sharing!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beanbags are a great touch!! What a fun party! My daughter would love this for her party!
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pink and purple combination is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the princess themed goodies. The bean bags are a great idea, thanks for the tutorial.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great party!!! Love all the sparkle!!! Perfect for any princess!
    kacee
    here from Decorate To Celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the castle and the bean bags! Great job. I saw them at Decorate to Celebrate. Thanks CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Judy!! I already LOVED the castle and other supplies, but when I saw the bean bags -- What a CUTE idea!! :) My kiddos love the cornhole game -- I am always having to make them new beanbags -- Now I can make them 'personalized'!! GREAT idea!! What an awesome treat to have you as a DTC Guest Designer!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    Join the FUN on Facebook!! :)
    Love To Crop! facebook page
    Decorate To Celebrate! facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a question how did you make the castle ( like what buttons on the cricut do I need to be pushing Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...