Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to school Teacher's gift #2!!

Hi all! Hope you all are having a great day. School starts on August 30 here. I wanted to make another back to school gift for my DD Teacher and to share with some of her Teacher friends. I made a back to school Teacher's cake. I seen alot of these made for partys and I wanted to give one a try.
To make this cake I used the Tags,Bags,Boxes and More Cartridge. I cut 10 blackout boxes on page #126. I used 8 1/2 by 11 inches cardstock and fit to page button to cut cake box out. To hold all the cake boxes I cut a 11 inch circle on 12 by 12 inch yellow cardstock and 12 by 12 chipboard. Circle is cut from Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge on page #72.I made all the pinwheels for the cake boxes. I cut 4 by 4 inch squares to make pinwheels and added a gold brad in center . The next time I make this cake. Im going to make the pinwheels 3 by 3 inch. I think 4inch squares are too big. I put candy in all the cake boxes. I wrap the whole cake in clear wrap and tied a yellow ribbon at top. Do you like my cake or what? I love it and I hope the Teachers love it too! Here is a close up of the pinwheel I made for the cake boxes. I embossed the pinwheels with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.
You all know me by now. I love to give gifts to others. Have a great night all

Cartridge used:
Tags, Bags, Boxes and More (Cake box).
Plantin SchoolBook (circle).

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing. Happy Wednesday! :o)
    Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again - looks stunning, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great boxes!! Thanks so much for linking up your projects to A Round Tuit!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, This is the first time I have seen such a thing. It is FANTASTIC. So professionally done. Your work is exquisite and I love the paper you chose. The teachers are so lucky to have you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your cake totally rocks!!!! She is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a creative idea! I'm wondering if she will share...lol.

    I found your blog by your post at Showcase Yourself at It's So Very Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the Friday Blog Hop. I'm so looking forward to all you have on here. I love crafty blogs!
    Maureen

    http://maureenmakesit.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now following from Social Parade.. looking forward to getting to know you!

    http://cheeriosandtricycles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Follow Friday 40 and over greetings from Casablanca, Morocco...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from FF +40! Cute boxes...I'm keeping this idea, I just know it'll come in handy! I'm following!
    ~Lauri
    http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm from the Hop Along Friday blog hop. I'm following you via GFC as Blogroll Please. Please take a look at my blog and follow me back.

    http://blogrollplease.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there,
    New follower from the blog hop. If you get a chance head on over to www.fullhousemommy.com and check me out.
    Thanks and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!! Great idea :)


    I'm following you from Friday Blog Hop!! Hopefully you can stop by and follow us too!

    http://theartsymom.tk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the back to school cake! What a lucky teacher!
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How creative great job!

    Thanks for stopping by Relax and Surf Sunday

    Colleen
    www.shibleysmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower from Relax and Surf Sunday. Love your blog! LMK if you ever want to guest post a Holiday Craft "how to" over at my blog. :)

    Becky @ A Very Merry Christmas Store

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so pretty and elegant!
    Love it!
    B :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there

    Just wanted to let you know I featured your teachers gift from a can, filled with bookmarks over on my Round Tuit post this week!

    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2010/08/round-tuit-12.html

    Thanks for linking up, and I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am hosting a blog hop Friday over at Sassy Sites! Come by and link up! I would love to have your cute blog join us! Happy Friday!! :)

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...